Now is the time to do some spring-cleaning around your home. Whether we like it or not, Spring also comes with various pests looking for food,
and what better place to look than our homes?
Common spring cleaning chores such as dusting, vacuuming, and reorganizing small areas like closets and cabinets can help reduce pests in and around your home.
Dust and dirt may attract cockroaches and provide them with food.
Furthermore, extra clutter around the home can prevent you from identifying signs of pest activity.
Below are a few spring-cleaning tips to help get your home ready for spring:
- When cleaning windows and doors, look for any small cracks or crevices that might allow spiders, ants, cockroaches and/or any other small insect to enter your home.
- Do not leave any type of food, including pet food out on counter tops or floors. Storing pet food in a sealed container, rather than rolled up in the bag you bought it in, will prevent rodents and small insects from having a perfect meal.
- When cleaning your pantry, check for expiration dates and remove items that are expired or have been sitting in your pantry for over a year.
- Inspect the corners of ceilings and floors for spider webs. This will give you a definite answer that you have insects in and around your home.
- Constantly sweep up crumbs from floor and clean off countertops. Although unnoticeable to us, small crumbs and dirty counters can be a complete feast for small pests.
- Get rid of clutter in your garage and backyard. Needless junk like a rusty bicycle or old tire can serve as a perfect home for bugs waiting to make an entry into your home.
- Finally, get help; call our professionals at Accurate Termite and Pest Control to help you remove any pest infestations. We can help get your home Spring clean!