Fun and Freaky Bug Facts
We all know that having your home or lawn overrun with bugs and pests can be a nuisance. But what exactly do you know about these little creatures? At the very least, you know you should let Accurate Termite and Pest Control of Orange County take care of the problem!
Accurate has been in the pest and termite extermination business for more than15 years so we know a thing or two about pesky pests and destructive bugs. We put together this “fun” list of facts about the critters that might be living within your walls. The more you know about them, the better you’ll be able to protect your home and your family!
- Ants can carry over 50 times their body-weight
- The termite’s queen can lay up to 30,000 eggs in one day
- King and Queen termites can fly
- Termites eat each others’ feces, providing their stomach with bacteria which allows them to eat your home’s wooden beams
- A bee’s abdomen ruptured causing it to die soon after they sting someone
- The average bee only makes about 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey during its life
- A cockroach can live up to three weeks without its head
- Raccoons love living in attics and can oftentimes find their way down your chimney
- A Black Widow’s venom is 15 times more venomous that a rattle snake’s
- Household mice can produce up to 12 babies every three weeks
Some of these facts are fun and some are freaky. It’s easy for one little mouse, termite or cockroach to turn in to dozens. It’s also easy to stay on top of termite control in Orange County if you let Accurate Pest Control provide you with a free consultation.
Our Orange County pest control company does everything from preventative monthly inspections to one-time home tenting. Whatever your needs are, we’ve got you covered! Call 949-TERMITE to talk to an extermination expert today.